What is it?
Covid-safe, group hypnobirthing classes for up to three couples in Loughton, Essex.
When are the courses?
Our evening hypnobirthing course runs on four weeknights, usually with one to two weeks in between sessions. This allows plenty of time for practise.
Our occasional intensive hypnobirthing course runs on two consecutive weekend mornings and a weekday evening. A great choice if your baby is due soon. Cant see a face-to-face intensive course? Check for an online one here
The content is the same on both courses and both are completely comprehensive.
June 2021 – courses are 10-12 hours in total
Tuesdays, 6-9pm: 8th, 22nd, 29th, 6th
July 2021 – courses are 10-12 hours in total
Tuesdays, 6-9pm: 13th, 20th, 27th, 3rd
August 2021 – courses are 10-12 hours in total
Wednesdays, 6pm-9pm: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
September 2021 – courses are 10-12 hours in total
Tuesdays, 6pm-9pm: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
October, November, December 2021 dates TBC – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call, text or WhatsApp 07888 831 237 for more information
What does it cost?
Where is the location?
We teach the course in a covid-safe, heated garden gazebo in Loughton, Essex. It is a beautiful, tranquil space to learn in – hearing the birds singing and listening to the swaying trees will help you to relax. It is an intimate setting with a small number of people as we believe this is the best way to prepare for a calm birth.
The gazebo is large, with four sides to protect from rain. We are able to socially distance and have plenty of ventilation. We can provide clean blankets and cushions which are washed immediately after use. There is a downstairs bathroom to use in the house and there is hand sanitiser available.
We are around an 8 minute walk from Loughton Tube station.
What will you get?
- Full 12 hours of tuition taught by a fully qualified KG Hypnobirthing trainer in-person
- All teaching materials including a take-home folder with lots of useful information
- A copy of The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves – bestseller on Amazon
- Ongoing support via WhatsApp and phone calls when needed for a month before and after birth
What will you learn?
- What your body is doing to prepare for birth
- How to work effectively with your body in pre labour, early labour and established labour
- How to drastically improve your chances of a comfortable birth
- Breathing and deep relaxation techniques and visualisations
- Practical information about how your birth partner can help during labour – including how to advocate for you
- Different methods of pain relief
- How to build confidence and look forward to birth
- How to release stress, fear and negative thoughts
- Information about sweeps, induction and caesareans
- Home births, hospital births and birth centre deliveries
- Useful birth positions
- Information about turning breech babies
- How to write a birth plan
- How to confidently navigate maternity services
- Important questions to ask healthcare providers at maternity appointments
- What to pack in your hospital bag
- How to make confident choices after birth about your placenta and Vitamin K injections
- Nutritional information
- Where to access all the latest, most robust medical research about pregnancy and birth
How is the course structured?
The course is usually four sessions lasting 2.5 to 3 hours each. We will take a break and we can stop any time if you need to move – we know being pregnant can be uncomfortable.
What do you need to do?
- The course is for both the birthing parent and the birth partner to attend. If this doesn’t fit your circumstances, please get in touch and we can have a chat about it.
- Bring a notepad and pen
How to book
- Email email@example.com
- Call, text, or WhatsApp 07888 831 237